TUI NA (CHINESE MEDICAL ACUPRESSURE)
Benefits of Tui Na
- Helps to balance energy levels in the body.
- Helps to correct any imbalances in the body and can treat a wide range of conditions
- Helps maintain health and is a good method of preventative healthcare.
- Relieves stress from the body and the mind.
What is Tui Na?
Tui Na, or Chinese Medical Acupressure, is the study and practice of a series of Chinese manual clinical techniques which are used to prevent and treat disease based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine.
Tui Na is a method of massage which was developed in China in 1368. It is practiced in the largest hospitals in China in conjunction with Western medicine to treat a wide range of conditions. The massage involves stretching, manipulation of muscles, tapotement and manipulation of acupuncture points in body. This helps to bring the body and the flow of energy back into harmony.
Conditions which can be helped by Tui Na
- Aches, pains, sprains, inflammation, stiffness in the body.
- Chronic bronchitis
- Constipation/ diarrhoea
- Hot flushes
- Dizziness/ lethargy
- Cough/ cold/ low immunity
- Irregular menstruation
- Frozen shoulder/ tennis elbow
- Ear, nose, throat diseases
What can I expect during the treatment?
Before treatment the client will be asked to fill out a consultation form and may be asked to show their tongue in order for the practitioner to make a diagnosis, the pulse may also be taken.
During the treatment the client will be fully clothed and will be lying comfortably on a massage table. The treatment involves manual manipulation of the muscles, gentle stretching techniques and manipulation of acupressure points in the body. This helps to bring the energy flow in the body back into harmony and helps to correct any imbalances the client may present with.