The benefits of Reiki
- Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension,
- It accelerates the bodie''s self-healing abilities,
- Aids better sleep,
- Reduces blood pressure
- Can help with accute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions,
- Helps relieve pain,
- Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony,
- Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins,
- Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy,
- Supports the immune system,
- Increases vitality and postpones the aging process,
- Raises the vibrational frequency of the body,
- Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
WHAT IS REIKI?
Reiki is a simple, gentle hands on healing art. It is a Japanese word, meaning life force energy. The universe is made up of energy and so too are all living things. What Reiki can do, is explore the human body for any imbalances, where perhaps one’s energy is low or too high and restore balance and harmony. The healing rays of Reiki work on all levels, physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
WHAT CAN REIKI TREAT?
Whatever your spiritual path, or path of personal growth, Reiki can enrich it through restoring balance and harmony to the mind, body and spirit.
Reiki will aid and support any treatment the Client may be on, whether conventional or complementary therapies and can be used:
- While on medication
- If you have cancer and are having chemotherapy
- If you are in hospital and your doctor agrees to a Reiki treatment
- In conjunction with other forms of complementary healing.
As well as helping with physical healing, where Reiki can boost the immune system and allieviate chronic and acute medical conditions, Reiki is said to:
- Increase self confidence
- Increase the ability to relax
- Help in times of crises
- Give one a sense of place in the the greater scheme of things, to feel supported, safe, open and confident in our every day world.
Reiki can also be of immense value in everyday situations, such as:
- Relationship problems
- Work issues
- Interviews, exams, finding employment,
- Any life changing situations that can induce stress and worry can be alievated by Reiki treatments
Reiki works in its own way, going to where it is most needed and when it is most needed.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THE TREATMENT?
Reiki benefits all age groups, children are very open to the healing energy (children must be accompanied by an Adult for a Reiki session), plants, pets, babies in mother’s arms, the elderly, the bereaved, the depressed, pregnant mothers, people of all creeds and beliefs, male or female. Many hospitals in America offer Reiki to help recovery after operations and some maternity hospitals offer Reiki as a complementary therapy.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A REIKI TREATMENT?
A Reiki treatment flows through the hands and is channelled by a qualified Reiki Practitioner. Reiki will move through the various chakras or energy centres of the body and will balance the Client’s energy flow. Treatment can consist of 40 minutes to an hour lying on a plinth or 20 minutes seated on a chair.
The Practitioner will place their hands lightly, close to or on the body and after initially balancing the chakras, or energy centres, starting with the head move over the whole body through a series of set hand positions working on specific points on the Client’s body. No massage is involved, the client is fully clothed.
The setting is calm and relaxing and the treatment is usually accompanied by soft music. The Client may expect to experience deep relaxation, sometimes a feeling of heat, cold or tingling sensations as the Reiki works on any energy blockages or imbalances in the body. Sometimes the Client may fall asleep or doze.