The benefits of Psychotherapy
- It can offer a supportive and caring relationship in which you can explore any issue at your own pace;
- It can help you express your feelings and come to terms with new or past experiences;
- It can help you to improve your ability to communicate
WHAT IS PSYCHOTHERAPY?
Psychotherapy is a talking therapy that allows you focus on current issues in your life, but we also look together at past situations in your life which may feed into your current concerns. This brings greater awareness into your life to help you deal with the matter. If you feel you need to talk through problems in work, if you are experiencing bullying, a recent death, job loss or relationship issues, we can work together to help you deal with the matter and put it behind you.
WHAT CAN IT TREAT?
- Lack of confidence or self esteem
- Bereavement and Loss
- Stress at work
- Experiencing bullying at work
- Dealing with unemployment, redundancy, retirement
- Anger and rage
- Sexual, emotional or physical abuse
- Difficulty in accessing emotions
WHAT HAPPENS IN A TREATMENT
There is an initial consultation to gain insight as to why the person would like to attend for counselling or psychotherapy whereupon minimal personal details will be taken (e.g. contact telephone number, etc). A "contract" will be drawn up between client and therapist to agree on number of sessions and frequency of sessions. Each session will last one hour.