Sick of leaving the doctor's surgery feeling that you haven't had time to get to the bottom of your health and wellbeing problems?
Want a natural medicine without side-effects, then contact a Homeopath at the Dublin Holistic Centre!
The benefits of Homeopathy
- used by an estimated 500 million people worldwide, and is encouraged by the World Health Organisation
- has been growing in popularity since its development around 200 years ago as a method of treating illness
- is logical and systematic
- works with your body's innate and efficient healing processes
- focuses on the whole person (mind, body and emotions are considered)
- sees symptoms as the sign of an underlying disorder or disease, rather than just being something to suppress
- focuses on the cause of the problem, rather than just the named disease
- takes into account family tendencies to specific complaints or problems
- uses specially-tailored prescriptions, individually chosen for your needs
- uses tried and tested remedies made from non-toxic microdoses of diluted substances. Click on the following link for a list of scientific studies http://www.irishhomeopathy.ie/homeopaths/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=121&Itemid=87
- is an environmentally-efficient therapy, with ecological integrity
- is safe to use alongside conventional treatment (please tell us if you are taking any other medicines, supplements or herbs)
- uses pills made from sucrose or lactose, which taste pleasant
- is based on in-depth, relaxed consultations, usually taking place at monthly intervals
- never requires you to undress
- can increase your sense of wellbeing and personal fulfilment as you heal
- if desired, can assist you in changing unhelpful patterns of behaviour
- aims to encourage, respect and empower you
WHAT IS HOMEOPATHY?Homeopathy is a system of medicine which assists the body in healing itself. It is a natural, holistic medicine free from side-effects and safe for all the family, young and old. Homeopathy does not interact with conventional medicine so it is safe to use alongside any medication you may be currently taking.
Homeopathy was developed by a German physician, in the late eighteenth century. It stemmed from the belief that human beings have a natural capacity to heal themselves and symptoms are the body’s way of overcoming disease or imbalance, they are signaling us to an underlying problem. Symptoms although often uncomfortable or painful, in effect are not the problem, rather the warning light. Homeopathy works by using symptoms to guide us to the underlying problem after treatment the symptoms are no longer required and so disappear.
There are a whole host of problems that that are commonly brought to a Homoeopath including: eczema, psoriasis, arthritis, headaches, IBS and general stomach and bowel troubles, eating disorders, recurring infections, low immune resistance, insomnia, anxiety, depression, grief, low self-esteem, as well as women's hormonal imbalances of the menstrual cycle, pregnancy and menopause and children's problems including behaviour, warts, asthma and chronic chest infections
WHAT HAPPENS IN A TREATMENT?
The first homeopathic consultation or case-taking typically lasts between an hour and an hour and a half. During this time the client discusses in detail many aspects of their symptoms and how they are affected by them. Your homeopath may also ask you about your anxieties, mood changes, sleep, appetite, thirst and body temperature. A follow-up appointment lasts approx 1 hour to 30 minutes and assesses your reaction to the remedy, and how best to continue your treatment.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU TAKE HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE?
In Constitutional treatment (i.e. the treatment of a chronic complaint), once you have taken your homeopathic medicine, a period of time is allowed for it to act. Reactions to homeopathic medicines vary with the individual. Some experience a clear improvement in their general health and in their symptoms straight away. In first aid or acute treatment (i.e. the treatment of a new complaint such as the flu, a toothache, fever, cystitis etc.) the response to the remedy can be very quick, with a noticeable improvement in symptoms after just a couple of doses.
HOW LONG DOES TREATMENT TAKE?
This depends very much on the individual. Acute complaints such as fevers, bugs, infections generally respond very quickly, while chronic complaints may require more prolonged treatment.
Take a look at the growing number of hospitals using homeopathy worldwide.
Homeopathy utilises energy, which is why a lot of people can't get their head around it but try to understand Quantum physics and it may help you to gauge energetic doses.