The benefits of Massage
- The basic goal of massage therapy is to help the body heal itself and to increase health and well-being
- Massage benefits are both mind and body. It is rare that we take an hour to lie down, close our eyes and just ''be''.
- An hour's peace and quiet away from ringing phones and demanding children has a definite restorative effect
- Aid lymphatic drainage, helps to release toxins.
- Massage will stimulate blood flow and help the release of those feel-good endorphins that make us feel smiley inside.
- Touch also conveys a sense of caring, an important component in the healing relationship.
- Massage can be used to promote general well-being and enhance self-esteem, while boosting the circulatory and immune systems to benefit blood pressure, circulation, muscle tone, digestion, and skin tone.
WHAT IS A HOLISTIC MASSAGE ?
Swedish or Holisitc Massage as it is known, is a treatment designed to bring about a deep state of relaxation and reduce muscle tension and stress. It benefits the client on many levels - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. In a relaxed state, the body's natural energy is restored and the natural repair system of the body is improved.
WHAT CAN IT TREAT ?
Holistic Massage is beneficial for stress reduction, in breaking down waste deposits and improving blood circulation. It also increases energy levels, tones muscles and skin condition and assists digestion. It can also speed healing, breaks down adhesions, reduces high blood pressure, improves posture and can help prevent insomnia.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM A HOLISTIC MASSAGE ?
Holistic Massage is recommended for people of all ages. Please inform your therapist if you have any present medical conditions (e.g recent accidents, pregnancy etc), if you are on any medication or have any allergies.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A TREATMENT ?
Following an initial consultation where the therapist checks the client's health and checks for any contra-indications, the client will be left to get undressed in private. During the treatment the client will lie on a massage table or plinth and will be fully covered by towels, with only the body part being worked on at the time remaining exposed. Oil is used during the massage.