The benefits of a Holistic Facial
- Reduces feeling of stress
- Encourages deep physical and mental relaxation
- Acupressure and deep massage techniques help to relax facial and scalp muscles, aiding in the release of tension and pain
- A feeling of wellbeing develops, as pain relieving endorphins and the mood enhancing chemical serotonin is released
- Anti-Ageing - regenerates and rejuvenates skin and muscle tissue, helping to delay as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Skin tone and texture is also improved, resulting in a smoother, fresher, clearer skin
WHAT IS A HOLISTIC FACIAL?
A Holistic Facial combines Acupressure, Facial Massage and Lymphatic Drainage Techniques. Acupressure reduces tension and encourages relaxation throughout the entire body through the stimulation of specific acupressure points on the face and scalp. The facial massage stimulates the circulation bringing fresh nutrients to the surface, while lymphatic drainage removes toxins and excess water.
This facial involves cleanse, tone, exfoliation, massage, application of mask, and then moisturisation.
Using natural oils ie:(jojoba, rosehip coconut, sweet almond), the massage of the face further encourages deep relaxation as well as improving the tone, texture and health of skin and muscle tissue. The treatment involves the face, neck, chest, shoulders and scalp.
WHAT CAN IT TREAT?
- Ageing Skin
- Uneven Skin Texture/Tone
- Poor Muscle Tone
- Stress and Stress Related Conditions
- Muscular Tension
- Jaw pain
- Sleep Disorders
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM A HOLISTIC FACIAL?
Almost everyone can benefit from a Holistic Facial Massage. The treatment however would not be suitable for young children or for people with serious medical conditions where massage of any kind is contra-indicated (eg cancer). Due to the type of oil used and the deep massage techniques this facial is not recommended for acne skins.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A TREATMENT?
Treatment begins with a short consultation. This is necessary in order to establish if there are any medical reasons/contra-indications why the client may not be suited to treatment. The client will be lying comfortably on a massage bed, and covered in a blanket.
The treatment itself begins with a cleanse and tone. When complete, the acupressure and massage treatment will begin and last up to 30 minutes. This will be followed by the application of a healing mask. After removal, the skin will be gently moisturized. Aftercare and home care advice is given. The treatment itself is carried out in a very relaxing environment with soothing background music.