The benefits of Counselling
- It can offer a supportive and caring relationship in which you can explore any issue at your own pace
- It can help you express your feelings and come to terms with new or past experiences
- It can help you to improve your ability to communicate.
WHAT IS COUNSELLING?
Counselling is a talking therapy that allows you focus on current issues in your life. If you feel you need to talk through problems in work, if you are experiencing bullying, a recent death, job loss or relationship issues, we can work together to help you deal with the matter and put it behind you.
WHAT CAN IT TREAT?
- Lack of confidence or self esteem
- Bereavement and Loss
- Stress at work
- Experiencing bullying in work
- Dealing with unemployment, redundancy, retirement
- Anger and rage
- Sexual, emotional or physical abuse
- Difficulty in accessing emotions
WHAT HAPPENS IN A COUNSELLING TREATMENT?
There is an initial consultation to gain insight as to why the person would like to attend for counselling or psychotherapy whereupon minimal personal details will be taken (e.g. contact telephone number, etc). A "contract" will be drawn up between client and therapist to agree on number of sessions and frequency of counselling sessions. Each counselling session at the Dublin Holistic Clinic will last one hour.