BACK, NECK, SHOULDER
Benefits of Massage
- The basic goal of massage therapy is to help the body heal itself and to increase health and well-being
- A 45 minute back, neck and shoulder massage offers all the benefit of massage, concentrated on that troublesome area of tension, the back.
- Massage benefits both mind and body, as your muscles relax so will your mind.
- Massage will stimulate blood flow and help the release of those feel-good endorphins that make us feel smiley inside.
- Touch also conveys a sense of caring, an important component in the healing relationship.
- Massage can be used to promote general well-being and enhance self-esteem, while boosting the circulatory and immune systems to benefit blood pressure, circulation, muscle tone, digestion, and skin tone.
WHAT CAN IT TREAT
Massage is beneficial for stress reduction, it can also speed healing, break down adhesions, reduce high blood pressure, improve posture and can help prevent insomnia. The back, neck and shoulders are a common area of tension in most people, and so by focusing on this area the therapist is able to thoroughly relax those tight muscles and ease all that tension away.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM A BACK MASSAGE ?
Massage is recommended for people of all ages. Please inform your therapist if you have any present medical conditions (e.g recent accidents, pregnancy etc), if you are on any medication or have any allergies. This type of massage is especially good for people who work at a computer or desk for long periods, or who suffer from headaches and jaw pain.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A TREATMENT ?
Following an initial consultation where the therapist checks the client''s health and checks for any contra-indications, the client will be left to get undressed in private. During the treatment the client will lie on a massage table or plinth and will be fully covered by towels, with only the body part being worked on at the time remaining exposed. Oil is used during the massage to lubricate the muscles being worked on.