Yogalates for Pregnancy is the perfect class for Mums-to-be who can only commit to one class per week. Yogalates takes the best bits of Pilates for Pregnancy and Yoga for Pregnancy and combined them into a 60 minute Yogalates for Pregnancy Class. During the class we stretch, soothe and strengthen mums to be from top to toe. Each class ends with relaxation and quiet mummy and baby time. This class is open to all ladies, 12 weeks pregnant or more. No previous experience is necessary.
This class is fun to practise and accessible to all levels of fitness.
Benefits of Yogalates include:
- Assists in weight management (this is not a time to diet)
- Assists in regulating fatigue levels
- Helps to maintain or slightly increase muscle tone, strength and endurance
- Improves posture
- May improve sleep
- Assists in the prevention of lower back pain
- Decrease’s the risk of blood clots, varicose veins, leg cramping and swelling
- May help improve mood, body image and reduce postpartum depression
Rachel has extensive experience in both Yoga and Pilates for Pregnancy and Post Pregnancy. She has Certification from Yoga Therapy Ireland in Pre and Post natal Yoga and STOTT Pilates Pre and Post Natal. She adds her own personal experience to this, having given birth to her daughter in May 2011 after a pain free pregnancy and a natural, drug free birth. Rachel teaches both Yoga and Pilates classes for pregnancy and offers one to one sessions on birth preparation, relaxation, individual Pre and Post Natal Pilates, individual Pre and Post Natal Yoga and Mummy and Baby yoga.