Exercise is the key to a feel good pregnancy. Pregnancy Pilates Classes help you prepare your body and mind for motherhood. This Pilates class will help you learn how to support your changing body and build strength in your back, upper body and lower body. Pilates for pregnancy helps mums to be to stay physically active, strong and energised during pregnancy. Attending class helps you maintain a healthy weight during your pregnancy and strengthens the abdominals to speed up post natal recovery.
This Pregnancy Pilates class is open to all ladies, 12 weeks pregnant or more. No previous experience is necessary.
Benefits of Pregnancy Pilates include;
- Assists in weight management (this is not a time to diet)
- Assists in regulating fatigue levels
- Helps to maintain or slightly increase muscle tone, strength and endurance
- Improves posture
- May improve sleep
- Assists in the prevention of lower back pain
- Decrease’s the risk of blood clots, varicose veins, leg cramping and swelling
- May help improve mood, body image and reduce postpartum depression